Tuesday, July 04, 2006

SPOOF ---ENJOY LIKE THAT

HOTEL KERALA-FONIA>> On the road to Trivandrum>
Coconut oil in my hair>
Warm smell of avial>
Rising up through the air>
Up ahead in the distance >
I saw a bright pink tube-light>
My tummy rumbled, I felt weak and thin>
I had to stop for a bite>
There he stood in the doorway>
Flicked his mundu in style>
And I was thinking to myself>
I don't like the look of his sinister smile>
Then he lit up a petromax>
Muttering "No power today">
More Mallus down the corridor >
I thought I heard them say>>
Welcome to the Hotel Kerala-fonia>
Such a lousy place,>
Such a lousy place (background)>
Such a sad disgrace,>
Plenty of bugs at the Hotel Kerala-fonia >
Any time of year>
Any time of year (background)>
It's infested here>
It's infested here>>
His finger's stuck up his nostril>
He's got a big, thick mustache >
He makes an ugly, ugly noise>
But that's just his laugh>
Buxom girls clad in pavada>
Eating banana chips>
Some roll their eyes, and>
Some roll their hips >
I said to the manager>
My room's full of mice>
He said,>
Don't worry, saar,I sending you>
meen karri, brandy and ice>

And still those voices were crying from far away >
Wake you up in the middle of the night>
Just to hear them pray>>
Save us from the Hotel Kerala-fonia>
Such a lousy place,>
Such a lousy place (background) >
Such a sad disgrace>
Trying to live at the Hotel Kerala-fonia>
It is no surprise>
It is no surprise (background)>
That it swarms with flies>>
The blind man was pouring >
Stale sambar on rice>
And he said>
We are all just actors here>
In Silk Smitha-Disguise>
And in the dining chamber>
We gathered for the feast>
We stab it with our steely knives >
But we just can't cut that beef>
Last thing I remember>
I was writhing on the floor>
That cockroach in my appam-stew was the culprit,>
I am sure>
Relax, said the watchman >

This enema will make you well>
And his friends laughed as they held me down>
God's Own Country? Oh, Hell!>

No comments: